What I love about this lesson is that students can really go to town on their strengths, music, designing posters, character study, etc. I often use it at the end of a chapter to bring in everything they’ve learnt, for example this week a class will be preparing a series set in Australia, including at least four animals and I want a superlative in the title/by line.
THE NEXT BLOCKBUSTER SERIES!
- Decide on and describe the location(s)
- Decide and describe the main characters
- Explain the main plot, what happens during the series? What problems do the characters face?
- Plan and act out the opening scene
- Plan the trailer – what is the title and by line of your series
- Design the poster
- Find the signature music